Tuesday, November 13, 2012


Dear Family,

If you're wondering why I didn't email you yesterday, It's because a massive Hurricane hit Florida, and all the computers in Fort Lauderdale exploded.
No, but seriously, the Internet at the Church was down, and because it was a Holiday, (Go Veterans!) all the libraries were closed.

Well, what would you like me to talk about? This is my 3rd week here, and I already feel like a natural. I'm still practically a baby, and I need Elder Hoole (My daddy) to hold my hand and tell me whats going on. The crazy Elder told me I'll probably be training after the end of next transfer. No way. I still cant speak this language! If it wasn't for the gift of tongues picking up my lack, I wouldn't be able to say 10 words to somebody!

So, I feel selfish for not really having a lot to say to you this week. I only get 1 tiny chance to talk to you all each week, and I'm sitting here at the Library with a timer staring me down, and no thoughts in my heads.

So, I've heard some bad news from back home... Which explains why I havent gotten much contact from some of you. Is there anything I can do about that?

I'm not a spiritual giant like some of you have framed me to be also. My last few emails have been so full of spiritual experiences, and excitement, and I know those experiences haven't stopped happening. They just happen every day, and Im ashamed to say I might've gotten lazy is recognizing, and cherishing them already. I'l definitelly work on that. I don't want to lose the excitement my little greenie heart had the first few days. My heart was bursting at the seems. I was so happy, and ready. It was like I was a whole new person. A fresh, start. An entirely clean slate. It felt amazing. I felt what it means to be fully dedicated to the Lord, Might, mind, body, and strength. I felt like Superman. (I've been called Clark Kent by 5 different people out here so far. I'm okay with this.)

It's amazing to think, how missionary work was before Harvesting. I can't imagine how difficult it was to get 1 person that wouldn't slam the door in your face. Here in the south, EVERY body loves Christ. (Mostly everybody.) Everybody (Mostly everybody) has some bit of faith in him. And our entire message is about Christ, and everything we do, is to invite others to come unto Christ. So, we almost always are able to bless people. Haitians will always let you in. They're all "Batize Deja" (Baptized already) and wont always accept baptizm, but they're still followers of Christ. Everybody needs a prayers. Everybody wants to know God loves them. And everybody wants to feel happy. Thats what we're here for. And so Harvesting, is a huge, huge, blessing. I'm able to change lives, use the priesthood everyday, and grow a little stronger in faith, and in purpose, after each prayer, and invintation to be baptized. It's incredible.

I know that this work is true. That I'm better for it. And that it is hard... terrifying to some, confusing to others... But pushing all that aside.. I know that its worth it.
Don't give up.

Don't ever give up.

Not now, not tomorrow, not ever.

Keep the faith my friends.

God loves you.
No matter what decisions you make, you can be forgiven, and make up for them, through Christ.
I know that he's there.
Don't be sad.
Keep going.
Keep improving.
Keep struggling through life.
With God, nothing is impossible.
Come unto Him.
He is waiting with loving, and open arms.
He has never left you. 

And never leave you.

I love you man.
I love you so much.

Nan non, JeziKri, amen.





Times short, so I gotta get these things out there fast!

Dear Tracy & Shane? How's life/School/Work?
Tracy, tell your Highschool girls to forget about their boyfriends and go on a mission after they graduate!
(And to write me.)
Shane! Keep singing. I've been practicing really hard out here haha. I wanna sound as good as you when I get back! I'm in a Haitian Choir at the church. (NONE OF THEM CAN SING. I'm the only tenor. And the only one that is nice... (Some Haitian Momie told me I can't sing... :'( )


Dear Mom,
I love you!
How's Tiara/ life/ where are my letters?
/Scrapbook!



Dear Dad & Lisa, How're the kids?! I get your Dear Elders nearly each saturday... So, by the time I get them. Whatever you tysped to me was basically irrelevant. :P
Tell Cory I say hi.

Dear Missy!
Hi!

Ummm...

And friends! Thanks so much for your letters this week. I love you all so much.
Sorry there wasn't any pictures this week. Next time.


I love you all so much...


Amy, Deanna, I hope all Is well. Write me sometime okay?

Anything of the Blog update?
I know things are rough right now. But keep me posted.

I'm still waiting for everybody to write me their conversion stories/favorite scriptures!
I'd love that so much.


I miss listening to music. It's why im craving MOTAB so bad. Send me the unique albums too!
I stood in a walgreens and listened to some new song of Taylor Swifts and I wanted to cry.

THATS low

Okay, so thats the list for today. I'd really appreciate more letters and stuff. It seems like every Elder hits a black point in their mission where everybody gets bored of writing them. And I don't want that to happen!

I don't have time to print off all the Emails you sent me Steph, but thanks for mailing them!


Aight, I love you all so much. Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment