Monday, November 5, 2012


Wagner Victor Lucious,
Paske M' te resevwa otoriti na'me Jezikri,
M' batize ou, nan non Papa a, ak Pitit Gason an, ak Santaspri a, amen.

Dunk. 


Bonjou!

Yesterday was an incredible day. I baptized for the first time, and especially for the first time in a new language! It was awesome!!
Fre Wagner was so prepared, and so ready. I don't feel like we did much of anything to get him to the font haha. He's a 66 year old Haitian guy. So he's kinda frail. He's like my Haitian Grandpa. I love the guy so much! I'm so excited to have been the one to teach him, and to have the honor to baptize him! I've been here 2 weeks tomorrow, and things are moving incredibly fast already! I'm so proud of my Lord. He sent me to the best mission ever. To teach the best people ever. I love my mission. I love my companion Elder Hoole. I love my Mission President. I love Miami. I love the Haitian people. And I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it's true with all my heart. Or else, I wouldn't be here. It's not as hard as I thought It would be honestly. It takes every ounce of your patience, understanding, time, and attention. But if you love what you do, at every step of the way, it's not a trial. It's an adventure. It's the most incredible things I've ever done in my life, and probably ever will do. Not like the life after the mission wont be incredible, I'm just so... lucky, to have the oppertunity, to spend every second of my life, in the service of my Savior. To spend each and every day, bearing my testimony, exersizing my priesthood by blessing people, their families, and their homes, inviting others to come unto Christ is my purpose. And I strive to live it each and every day. To any that are thinking, have thought, or are questioning wether or not you should serve a mission. I promise you, you will never regret, never forget, and your life will forever, be changed for the better. It is the greatest work I have done in my life. And I have never been happier in my entire life. So don't wait any longer then you have too. Prepare yourselves now. Get worthy now, and get ready now. The Lord has need of you. And you will not be dissapointed. I love you all so much. I hope I can inspire, or touch the heart of one of you. I hope I can be an instrument to encourage you to serve a mission for yourselves. I hope you know, I love you. Deeply. And that the Lord loves you. So much so, that He wants to give you the chance to serve an honorable full time mission, and be blessing infinitely for it.
I love you. 


This mission is changing me. I probably sound fairly selfish on my emails home, demanding all sorts of things and asking for you all to write me and such, which I realize Is very selfish. And I've realized, and will try to put an end to that. I don't want P-day to become my selfish time. But this mission is changing me. I feel focused, relaxed, and happy. Usually, I'm lazy, unwilling, and for the most part uncaring. I didn't really apply myself, or look for oppertunities to be positive, even when the situation is terrible. I mean, I've run into a ton of situations here while out Harvesting where I could have been sad about or whatever. But I keep on fufilling my purpose. "Invite other to come unto Christ." Thats what I've been called to do, so thats what I'm gonna do. Doesnt matter who it is. Elder Benitez and I went on an exchange of Friday, and blessed 9 people together. It was an incredible experience. The 1 apartment complex we Harvested was very interesting. It's different to see how different people are from door to door. There were quite a few Jewish people in this particular complex. They had the little page of the Tora on the door. I loved fufilling my purpose. Knocking on their doors with faith, that they'd accept the prayer and blessing, regardless of what they personally believe. We were rejected by a few. But, I keep trying. Again, with Faith that they'll accept. I knock on another Jewish home. A man answered, and we introduced ourselves. He then, went on to tell us about his beliefs and stuff, and we talked with him shortly about what we believed. He then accepted our prayer and blessing! It was completely new. He was super sarcastic. And i'm sure he was mocking us now and then. But we still fufilled our purpose. Elder Benitez and I are probably the only missionaries in Florida that've been accepted to leave a blessing with somebody of the Jewish faith! haha It all comes down to faith. Have faith, and the Lord will provide. I love my brothers and sisters. Wether they be black or white, christian, or otherwise, faithful, or faithless. They are all Gods children, and are all apart of my family. And I will do whatever I can, never backing down, to fufill my purpose. And share the Love Christ offers us, with all that I can. Everyone.

Elder Benitez and I also blessed a 15 year old boy named Diego. He asked us to pray for familes that dont break apart. And that his grandfather thats passed is in heaven, and not the "other place." And that he'll get to see him someday.
He reminded me so much of myself. I felt an immediate bond with him.
As Elder Benitez prayed. I felt the immense, and unfathomable love the Lord has for Diego. I felt it so strongly, I couldn't help but weep. As Elder Benitez finished the prayer, I looked up to see Diego's eyes, red, and soaked with tears. I felt so much love for him. I felt the Saviors love for him. And as a representative of Jesus Christ, I took his hand firmly in mine, and promised him. He will see his Grandfather in Heaven, someday. He wept. We both tried desperatly to hold back our tears. We took down his information, and I gave him a card with our phone number, and wrote on it... "Familes can be together forever." And left my name on the card. It stared at it for a good miniute, trying to hold back his tears. And then firmly, grabbed my hand in his, like a brother to another brother, and we said goodbye.

I don't know that boy beyond that experience. But I know that he is a Child of God. Like all of us are. And that the Lord loves him more than can be described, like the Lord loves all of us.



Family, friends, and muggle's,


I know, without a shadow of a doubt that this work is true. That God lives. That his Son died for us. That the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. That the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints is the true church of Christ, and that we have a living Prophet today. I know that the power of the Priesthood is on the earth today. I use it every single day, and I see the power, and blessings It brings to other people, and to myself. I know that what I'm doing, is the work of the Lord, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. This is only my second week. But I'll strive each day, to continue doing, what I'm doing. Because I know this is true. If any of you, don't know this for yourselves.... Ask God. He will give you an answer. Like He has given me, over, and over again. Each day I look into the eyes of my bretheren on earh. I am remined of it.

I love you all.

Nan non JeziKri, amen.







Dear Kate, I found the pictures you sent me! All is well.
Dear Kari, Amy, and Susan, could you all please send me your missionaries emails? I'll be able to print them off and read them. But if you could spend the time to phsyically mail them to me, that'd be awesome.

Dear Mom, could you, or Kate, or Lisa, make a missionary blog for me? And post all my emails on it, and then post it to Facebook each week, so all of my friends could see it? As well as post my Addresss so people can send me mail.
Thanks so much.

Dear Everybody, GET ACTIVE WITH MISSIONARY WORK IN YOUR WARDS. Missionaries need members more then ever. Memebers make missionary work over 9000 times better for the investigators. Feed missionaries, teach with the missionaries, and help them out as best you can each week. Contact your wards mission leader, and ask how you can help please.

Can everybody also make a Mormon.org profile?! I'll be able to see it each week. And it would be a huge help for millions of people online. It doesnt take long. Please do it!


Also, Thanks Nana, Ester, and Eric for the mail this week!

I'd love it if you all who read this would write me.
I love you so much, and I want to hear from you.
I wanna hear how my friends are doing too.
I don't want to be demanding with my letters. But it really means a lot to me when I get random little letters here and there from one of you I love.
Send me something. :)

I hope you all watched Harry Potter 1 in my honor on Halloween! If not, have an Elder Turek Appreciation night, and do it. Have festivities with good snacks, and movies. Then tell me about it!
P.S. Tell me about what you did on Halloween! I made brownies that turned out being like soup... It sucked.


I hope you'll all still write me your conversion stories...

I hope you'll all write me at all.

I Love you.

Goodbye for this week!

-Elder Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment