Monday, November 19, 2012


Oh hey.

It's you again.

No way! I'm so excited!

SO!
Let's talk business.

This week was good. Hecktic. But good. We blessed a lot of people, and had a lot of really amazing experiences! (And I forgot every one of them!) (crap.)
Lets get my brain working again. 

Reboot!
...

Yeah, I can't remember.

We had a baptism! It wasn't a convert baptism, but it was still awesome! His name was Nathan, a 8 year old Haitian boy from a family of the Ward. It was so cool! We have a baptism scheduled for this weekend, to a great old Haitian guy named Alex. I'm super excited for him. I'm wondering why we keep meeting all these awesome, and prepared Haitian guys 55+. Interesting. Wagner talked to the Bishop yesterday about getting the Priesthood! I'm so excited for him!

The missionaries in our zone were asked to sing at the Homecoming of a missionary returning from Panama. We accepted (Free food, and I got to sing! WOO!!) So, It was an amazing experience. The whole service was in Spanish, so I had no idea what was going on. (I talk about that more later) But it was still a lot of fun! When we sang, everybody, and I mean every body, was in tears. We sang "Army of Helamen" Everybody loved it. We watched a slide show of the Sister returning home, of her life, and of her mission. That was kind of frustrating watching haha. I just got here! I don't want to see people just returning! Give me a break! I've gotta sink into this before I can be trunkie. Sheesh. 

Elder Hoole and I were asked to go down to South Beach to give an investigator a blessing that was suffering from anxiety. I immediately jumped on that idea because I had my own battle with anxiety, and knew just what to do. Elder Hoole jumped right on the Idea because "WE'RE GOING TO SOUTH BEACH!! WOOOOO!!!!!" South Beach is a Red Zone. Which means. "You do NOT go to South Beach." We worked everything out, and got permission, and cruised down to 1st st. We tried seeing the Heat Stadium, but couldn't.... Anyways. We got to Virginia's house, and I was able to talk her through it all. We gave her a blessing, and she was so grateful. I was really happy I had that experience. To be able, to bless somebody that I could relate to deeply. That was a very powerful night to me. 1 that I'm thankful for. I know she's doing better now. :)

I learned this week, (for the second time, but more powerfully) That the Spirit, isn't biased by language. And is completely universal. Wherever there is truth being said, it will Testify of its reality. We've been having weekly exchanges with the North Miami beach Elders, they're Spanish speaking Elders, and we Harvest in some pretty Spanishy areas. So, I kinda take a break from Creole for a day, and get to learn how to recognize the spirit. I've had multiple experiences, where somebody is talking to me in Spanish, and somehow, I know exactly what they're saying, without understanding a word. It's incredible! I don't know everything being said. But I get the gist. I've noticed, its not knowledge in my head. But it's how I feel. I can feel what they're saying, through the spirit. (I'm pretty sure thats what the Gift of Tongues means haha) I'm really amazed by the reality, and power that the spirit has. No matter where you go, no matter what language you speak in. When you Testify of Christ. The Holy Ghost is there.

Incredible.

We had a Zone Conference last week too. President talked a lot about encouragement. It was really uplifting, even though I wasn't down haha.
At the Zone conference President told us about a new thing coming out next Monday I believe, on the 26th. It's all about Christmas! I'm so excited for it! I'ts going to be run on mormon.org/christmas I want each of you to check it out next week!

I want each of you also, to do some missionary work this week.
I want each and every one of you, to reach out to somebody. Anybody. You all have friends don't you? Friends that might not be members of the Church, or Active? I want you to invite them to Church. Invite them to Thanksgiving dinner, and be a friend to them! You'll have no idea what kind of effect you'll have on their lives. I'f you've been too afraid to talk to them about the Church before, If you've been to afraid to talk to them about the Gospel. About Christ. Or about anything that is good, and true. Throw that fear away, and do it. I want each of you, to be a missionary. Just because I have a badge on my heart, and a calling to fufill doesn't mean you don't have to put the name of Christ in your heart, and serve others. "Every Member a Missionary." Take that to heart.

And then tell me about the experiences you've had. This Christmas, I want each of you to share the story of the birth of Christ together with your families, and, with 1 friend you have, that might be alone. Scared. Struggling. Or afraid. Tell your less active, or inactive, or non member friends about it. I want you all, to have the same kind of blessing I feel each day as I serve. And I want you all to share what you know. God has gifted you a Testimony. That is a sacred gift. To build, and to grow.
And the best way to grow it, is to share it with others. 
You have all been called to serve.

Christ lives. That reality is undeniable. If you don't know of a surety for yourselves. Pray, and ask God with a sincere heart, and I promise you, as a representative of Jesus Christ, you will have your answer.

I love you all so much, It hurts.
I love you all so much, because I know you love me too.
If you didn't you wouldn't be reading this.
I love you so much I wish I could describe to you face to face, that Jesus Christ lives. That He loves you so much it's impossible to comprehend. That He has restored His gospel on the earth again. And that each of us, have a chance, to learn from it. Grow in it. And feel all the happiness you feel, as you follow Him.

He lives.
He is there.

If any of you, are having any kind of disbelif or doubt in my words, and in Him. Pray.
He is ALWAYS there for you.

I love you so much.
Nan non JeziKri, amen.

The time is running thin, and I have some other things to include in this email.

Family, (All 9001 of you.) Please set up SKype for Christmas. I know this is pretty early to talk about, but I need to know the gameplan, so everything runs smoothly. And, I figure it'll take 3 weeks for ya'll to get around to doing it, so this is your heads up.

Mom, If you haven't already made the plak for the church, I want my quote to be Helamen 10:4-5.
I also need you to send the second can of hair stuff. I have to part my hair as part of mission rules, and my hair is like concrete when I try and move it. I have to use a lot.

I also need some tips/help with shaving. (Funny right?) But seriously, I need something that works. I have to shave everyday. And my facial hair is like steel. It is indesctructable, and grows in 3 hours after I shave, with a vendetta against me. Help me! I don't want to keep looking like Freddy Kruger.

Attention everybody! Elder Owens an elder in my Apartment is going home soon! His farewell will be December 16th at the Chapel in Pleasant Grove UTah, next to the school. at 12pm.
Go check it out! He's one of the best in the mission.

Scott and Susan, you sent me a letter in the MTC and I wrote back, but it jstu got forwarded back to me. Can I get your address so I can mail it back to you?

Happy B-day Emmie!!!!!!!!
Hope you have an Awesome Birthday!

Aight, I gotta go.

Please write people! I feel like I'm not getting the scoop on whats up back home... LEt me in.
Write me everybody!

Don't hestitate!

Tell people on facebook to write too!

No comments:

Post a Comment