Tuesday, September 4, 2012


Dear Family,

Forgive me for my jumbled letters. If you even got them... I have a feeling like the mail swallowed up my letters last week, and they never got through. Kate, did you get my letters with the memory card, and letters to Savannah, and Avers the Assasin? I got your packages on Friday, but there was no mention of it.. which made me more nervous.

Getting down the business.

This week was hard. Plain and simple. But, what week isnt hard when you're trying to cram an entire language down your throat, and spit it back up in a way that invites the spirit?
Honestly, this week included my first hard days. However, Tuesday night was something special. Since I've been here, my favorite moments have been  during Firesides, and Devotionals. Singing songs about missionary work when you're surrounded by thousands of Missionaries, is an experiance that shakes you to the core. This last Tuesday was made even more special due to the fact that a certain Elder Turek sat next to me during the whole thing. Never in my life... Had I ever expected to sit next to my cousin, singing the most beautiful missionary songs, in the MTC. Not once had that thought, ever crossed my mind. It was certainly, an experience I will never forget.

Moving on to the rough day: I was already kinda not feeling well due to over working in the Gym. (My 6 pack is coming in nicely though...Ladies...) On top of that, lack of sleep, and the malnutricious food was making me want to puke. It was rough. All of that was making it so I could barley keep my eyes open, or focus, or even smile. It sucked. I was in a bad mood. We were trying to learn the language, of which im probably the most behind. And I was just getting so frustrated, and upset. "Why the heck do I have to do this!? Why do I have to be here 9 weeks, and learn this ridiucilous language?! I could teach this lesson 30 times over in perfect harmony in English! This sucks. I wanna be an English Missionary." And all that moapy jazz. It was stupid. I was really jealous of the english missionaries. My teacher Fre Nelson noticed this and pulled me out into the hall. I flat out told him, I dont think I have what It takes to be a language missionary. But, he told me I absolutely am, and exactly why. Im not allowed to fail. And It got my spirits back up. I kept going. My district was acting like 10 year old pervs this night, and I was trying to focus, and study, with my new found energy, but I got pissed and told them all to grow up after a nasty joke got shot off. My companion and I had a little chit chat, and got things running back on top with the whole district.

15 minutes...

It was hard guys.
This is really, hard!
I was being a baby, and the whole time realizing...
I have 2 cousins in here for 12 weeks learning Mandarin, and Korean.... Haitian Creole is like the easiest language you could learn, and im still whining.

I know that the Lord will not let me fail.
And I know that I have no reason to complain.

And If nothing else, me having to learn another language for my mission, is just giving me the chance the Lord needed me to take, to learn how to better rely on Him.
Thats definitely something I need to work on.

I've decided also, my biggest thing I need to focus on, biggest attribute while here, and in Life, is Faith.

Getting on through the week, it was a good week. over all. 2 bad days maybe. No big deal.

This Sunday was probably the best day I've had here though.
It was perfect.
Since It was fast Sunday, we had mission conference.

Its basically like General Conference, thats done by the MTC presidency.
The Presidency and their wives gave the most amazing talks, and gave me some added confidence in this work, and in the Lord.

President Brown said it best though...
This will be his final conference before the new President takes over I think.
He said he had a talk prepared, but he dedcied not to give it. He called random missionaries to come and bear testimony.

But he did say this with great, great, power that shot down to the deepest darkest spots of my heart.


"The Lord never planned for ANY of you to fail."

And,


"Dont you DARE fail."

That burning feeling of the spirit?
I felt it for the first time.

It was like fire in my chest.

He also blessed us all, in prayer. That we might be protected, and guided of the Lord. It was incredible.


To end the night, we watched the 85th President Monson birthday celebration!
Which, was aboslutely, AMAZING.
I was breathless. The singers, Motab, the Orchestra, I had never heard sweetere music. And I don't know if thats biased since I have been able to listen to music for 2 weeks..

Nah, it wasnt.

I realized in that moment, how powerful music can be.
I believe music, especially MOTAB, has the power to make hell itself tremble and weep. And for a time, remove those listening from the world, and to a higher plane.
Im sounded philosipical and stupid maybe.
But Sunday night, those performers, and Motab, sang with the power, and force of a legion of Angels. Even if they were singing songs from the Music man...

I love music.
I wanna sing on that stage someday.
We topped the night off with a movie called "Labor of Love" Which was probably the cheesiest, most hilarious LDS made movie that has ever been birthed in this world.
It was so good.
I reccomend watching it.

Those mid 80's movies warm the heart.

My conmpanion and I also left 2 chocloates on the chairs of the sister missionaires sitting in front of us during the intermission.
We're evil.
They liked it.
It was one of the Sisters that was randomly picked to bear her Testimony.


Theres a lot of flirting that goes on here.
Its rididulious.

I'm a man on a mission.
No time for that.

Also!
People. I love getting packages. But im completely out of room! If you want to send stuff... Its gotta be small... Pictures would be awesome!

The timers running out, if i msised something, sorry...


Mwen renmen nou!

(I love you!)


P.S. Congrats on your callings Dad and Lisa!


NAWE PITA!



No comments:

Post a Comment