Tuesday, October 16, 2012


Dear Family, Friends, and Friends of Family,

I love you all.
I hope you know that.
I've no idea who all gets these emails, but I hope you all know, each week I think of  how I could maybe brighten your day, through these emails. Thank you for reading them. And thank you for caring. :) Write me!



Alright, lets get down to buisiness. Yesterday, Elder Giordano left for Boston, and Elder Carlson left for Orlando. I'm so proud of them. And hope they've had an awesome experience in the field these last 2 days! Elder Giordano was kind enough to wake me up at 4:30, while he rampaged in the room trying to get his stuff together... Ugh. I love those Elders. Class is seriously lonely without them. But! We werent supposed to stay here forever, so I'll get over it.

Yesterday morning, Suer Johnson left too.
I was able to say my final goodbye to her in the cafeteria at dinner time, right as she was walking out the door.
She was super crazy @_@ Jittery to leave I guess.
I shook her hand, told her.. "Bondye avek ou jistan na we." (God be with you till we meet again.)
We talked for a minute or two, her district was getting impatient. But I had to show her my picture of me preaching to her origami Velociraptor, and bear as quick a testimony as I could in Haitian..
"Mwen konne ke levangil la se vre!" (I know that the Gospel is true!)
"Mwen konne ke Legliz Jezikri Pou Sen Denye Jou Yo se vre legliz!" (I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints is true!)
She had no idea what was going on. (Understandibly.)
So, I wrapped it up with
"Suer Johnson! Preche Levanjil!" (Sister Johnson! Preach the Gospel!)
She shook my hand for the 30th time in 2 minutes, and the last thing I told her was "Bon Chans." (Good Luck.) and I walked off.

I'll see her in two years.

She was such an example to me, even before I got the the MTC. Without her light in my life, I doubt I'd be here.

She bore her testimony to me a few days prior. It was really powerful. I know that she is true missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ. I'm so proud of her! And am excited for her!

I'm still mad she gets to leave a week before me though! Elder Giordano and Carlson too!
No fair!


Okay, so what else what on this week?

We got our travel plans finally! Im SO excited.
We have to wake up at 2:30am though... Sounds amazing right?
That, and then we have a flight from SLC, to Fort Worth Texas, and then to Fort Lauderdale! We should arive in Florida by 1:50pm they said.
Crazy.
We got a letter from the Mission President last week too, which explained whats going to happen when we get to Florida.
They'll be at the airport with the assistants to greet us and pick us up, and made sure we didn't get lost...
Then, we'll "veiw the magnitute of the mission area" Which sounds really vague. Maybe it'll be a nice tour of Fort Lauderale. @_@
Then, we'll have a meeting of some sort I guess, to get us up to date with the Ft. Lauderdale mission.
And then we'll have a lovely dinner in the Mission Home.
I hope, and pray, that the food isnt delivered from the MTC...
My first taste of real food is right around the bend!



OH!
Last Tuesday night, we had our Devotional as always. But it wasn't just the same recyled speaker. Elder Bednar of the Quorom of the 12 showed up. It took me 8 weeks, but I finally got to hear from an Apostle!
It was such an amazing experience.
He told us he heard the whole MTC was going crazy when we heard the change about the age in missionaries.
And he laughed about all the things he's heard people say, as to why they made the change in age.
He called it all "Apostalic rumor."
But he briefly explained.

The reason for the change in age, is simply, "The Lord is hastening His work."

I believe that.
I love it.


We also watched a talk by Elder Bednar that he gave here in the MTC a few years ago.

He told us... "Never leave the mission field."

Which basically means, come home after serving honorably from your mission. But don't ever leave the missionary mentality, and standards.

Mom, Dad, Lisa, Kate,

Don't ever let me come back to who I was before I left.
I know that this is the work of the Lord. And If I do all I can, I will be strengthened. Taught. and receive untold blessings. I want to spend my life, being an example to another. I never want to be anything less then a missionary. I want to take with me, every good thing I manage to do here, and grow into the man God wants me to be. Don't let me come back unchanged. I want to change. I want to be the best person I can be.

I want to be a missionary for the rest of my life.
If I can be an influence for good in sombodies life. Even just 1 person... I know that my life had value, and I accomplished something.


I know that God wants a lot from me in this time. And I will do all I can, to do it.







Mom, I was able to do the sealing for Papa today.
I've never been more touched in my life.
I was able to tell the people about Papa, and who he was, and where he lived.
They thought it was somethign special when I told them He lived in Florida, and I was going to serve my mission in Florida haha
They all congratulated me, and were so happy for me. It was awesome.


The other names are still at the Temple. Couldn't do them.


Mom, I'm also able to call home for a few minutes in the Airport if I have time... I'f you're awake at 4 am, I might be able to call you.
I need your number also dad.



Could somebody please Send me The Mailing adresses for Sister Emily Johnson, Elder Turek, and Elder Hellbusch? I need um ASAP!
If you could Dear elder them to me tonight that'd be awesome.
I gotta stay in touch with them!


I don't know what else there is to say. Keep sending me letters when you think of me! I'll be in Florida by this time next week, so I dont know when I could respond. But I'd love to hear from you all!



Spread the Word on Facebook too Kate!


I love you alll.

Bondye avek ou Jistan na we.

No comments:

Post a Comment